Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
Mold damage is an issue that needs to be taken care of immediately! Living in New York City, there may be mold before you even move into a place. It's important to pay attention to the allergies you're are feeling, and smells. Mold can affect anyone at any time. We've come across apartments that have a ton of mold, that people had been living with and never knew. Make sure to alert your building as to the issues. Mold is not good to breathe in and can affect people and animals health. We are trained professionals who can tell when there's mold right away! Those are our tips for making sure you and your family don't have health issues with mold.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (917) 924-2260
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Upper East Side for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Upper East Side has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Upper East Side
- Lenox Hill
- Carnegie Hill